Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lemon Pepper Linguine from the Devo Olive Oil Co.

Recently while in Branson Mo. in a area called Branson Landing, I found this beautiful store  that sells gourmet Olive Oils and handmade Pasta.  I purchased the Lemon Pepper  Linguine to  try, I had a great recipe for  Lemon  marinated chicken, I thought  they would go nice together. This  pasta is hand made and all natural. It is not starchy like boxed pastas, very light in color and it had a very  mild Lemon Pepper taste not  overpowering, but  you could taste the different flavors. They have large variety of  flavors to choose from  including chocolate.


 I fixed the pasta according to the package, please follow the directions so you don`t overcook it. While it was cooking  I took a pound of Asparagus, that I cut in 2 in. pieces  and I sauteed  with  Olive Oil , Salt and Pepper.  When  the Asparagus was tender and bright green  I placed it on top of the Linguine and drizzled  with a little Extra virgin Olive Oil.

 I served it with my Lemon marinated Chicken... recipe below


1 - lemon zested and juiced
2 - teaspoons Greek Oregano
3  - cloves garlic minced
2  - tablespoons olive oil
¼  - tablespoon kosher salt
¼ - teaspoon  fresh ground black pepper
4 -  boneless, skinless chicken  breast

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

In a 9x 13 baking dish arrange the  chicken. Grate the peel from the lemon over the chicken, cut the lemon  in half and squeeze the  juice  from half of the lemon  over the chicken, then add the Greek Oregano,  oil, garlic, salt and pepper.  Cover the dish and bake for 20 min.  then turn  and baste.
   Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake uncovered for 30 more min. basting every 10 min.  Serve chicken with pan juice.  This  chicken is so flavorful and moist and  is excellent with The Linguine from Devo Olive Oil Co.


Devo Olive Oil Co.


Devo Olive Oil co. 
317 Branson Landing Blvd., Branson, MO 65616
Phone (417) 544-1413

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious - I didn't know pasta came flavored like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous flavors! Handmade pasta is just the best.

    ReplyDelete