Monday, February 21, 2011

Pecorino Romano and Leek pasta


3 Tbs. butter
2 large leeks thinly sliced
1 pound  box Penne pasta
½ pint of heavy whipping cream
1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
11/2 cup of Cherry tomatoes cut in half
3 handfuls of Fresh baby spinach
1 tsp. olive oil


Melt  the butter with the olive oil in a large pan, put in the sliced leeks ,cover and cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.

While the leeks are cooking, boil the penne pasta in salted water according to the box directions.   Meanwhile add the whipping cream to  the leeks and add ¾ of the cheese. Stir well until the cheese melts. Take off the heat.

Drain the pasta and put  into the leeks and sauce  mixture and stir  until the pasta is coasted . Stir in the spinach a big handful at a time until it is  slightly wilted. Take off the heat and stir in the tomatoes  and  put in a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

8 comments:

  1. I probably add some chilly flakes inside as our preference at home is spicy food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking blogs! I have one too!
    I'm following from the blog hop.
    I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you thanks to Mommybloggersclub and now am a follower of your great blog! Love the pasta- YUM! Also asiago cheese bread? WOW!
    www.littlelovestories.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your blog! I love eating Mediterranean food, but don't have the opportunity to eat it much - now I have lots of inspiration! I left you a Stylish Blogger Award on my blog:
    http://kitchengroovy.blogspot.com/2011/02/italian-beef-stew-and-stylish-blogger.html

    Thanks for all you contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now that looks good! Thanks for joining my McHoppin' Monday blog hop :)
    www.TheMcMommyDiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from Blog hop. I love cooking blogs and your recipes look great. I can't wait to try some of them.

    Come visit me at http://momsinvent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that thanks for the valuabe information and insights you have so provided here. http://pitaway.com/locations/warren/

    ReplyDelete