Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Double Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

-
Servings: 48 cookies
Ingredients:
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
3/4 cup organic sugar
3/4 cup Turbinado or whole sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
12oz semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups self rising flour
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
Directiions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the butter and coconut oil and put in a large mixing bowl. Whisk the sugars, eggs and vanilla with the butter and coconut oil until combined. Stir in the flour with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut.
Wet your hands and roll the dough into balls and place on a greased baking sheet, make sure they have room to spread.
Bake cookies until just light golden brown on the bottom for a nice soft cookie, or a little longer if you like a more crispy cookie. Transfer cookies to a plate for cooling.






5 comments:

  1. I love Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil. I use it for cooking and beauty needs. Have you tried putting some in your hair? OMGosh it's the best thing since.... since chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more about the facial moisturizer and makeup remover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so many great things about this product! I need to try it b/c we love coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a huge container of our own Coconut Oil right now but when it's gone I would love to try this product! Would love to know more about the facial moisturizer! Please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is funny because my husband and I were just looking at this brand the other night, trying to decide about ordering it. I want to start using more of this in my cooking and it makes more sense to buy it in bulk. The cookies look very good!

    ReplyDelete