|2 scoops of vanilla ice cream drizzle with 1/2 tbls. of tahini and 2 tablespoons of honey sprinkle with granola & serve|
|Granola as it looks right out the oven.|
2 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup tahini
2/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) unsalted
2/3 cup sliced almonds
2/3 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup raisins or cranberries or mix together both
1 tablespoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325°. Place Parchment paper on a baking sheet
1) In a small bowl, mix with a fork syrup, tahini, and cinnamon until incorporated. In a large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients until well-distributed.
2) Drizzle the syrup-tahini mixture overtop, stirring with a fork until all dry bits are at least slightly wet and clumps have started to form.
3) Spread granola on a large baking sheet lined with a parchment paper in a thin layer and bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes.
4) Remove from oven, stir with a fork to move pieces from edge to center and from top to bottom. Make sure pieces that have started to brown are in the center and well-surrounded.
5) Return to oven and bake 10-12 more minutes, until golden brown throughout. Granola will not be crunchy when it leaves the oven; don’t worry — it’ll crisp up as it cools. Once cool, transfer to air-tight container; granola will keep this way for up to 1 month.
* To make the Ice Cream sundae...
2 scoops of vanilla ice cream drizzle with 1/2 tbls. of tahini and 2 tablespoons of honey sprinkle with granola & serve