Monday, March 21, 2011

Genoa Pasta Al Pesto


¼ pound of green beans- trimmed, blanched and cut into 1-inch pieces

½ pound - small red potatoes sliced

1 box of penne pasta

Olive oil

2 tsp. minced Garlic of garlic

½ cup of pesto homemade or from a jar

1/3 cup heavy cream

Salt and pepper

Grated parmesan

Boil the green beans for about 2 minutes in a pot of boiling water with olive oil and salt, remove the beans and put them into cold water. Place the potatoes with peel on in the pot of water and cook just until tender. Drain the potatoes, cool them and slice them ¼ inch thick.  Heat a frying pan and add olive oil and the garlic, sauté for about 30 seconds and add in the potatoes and green beans, sauté until tender.

  Mix the pesto and cream and set aside, cook the pasta in salted water drain and toss into a bowl with the pesto mixture, lightly fold in the beans and potatoes and top with parmesan cheese.

7 comments:

  1. These recipes look amazing. I can't wait to explore some more.

    I am following you. Come on over and follow back at http://jothome.blogspot.com

    Once I try some of the recipes, I will leave reviews. These are right up my alley.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ~ Francine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your site the food looks amazing! Can't wait to try. I am now following you. Stop by my blog and add some input as I search for healthy meals your recipies would be great! www.miss-knowitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,
    your recipes are very yummy too. I like mediterranean food. I follow you!
    Thanks for your comment.
    Greetings Sadi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not even tell you how DDDDDEEEElicious this looks! I am sooo making this.
    Melissa
    MeloMomma

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That looks yummy! I'm stopping by via the UBP and now I'm a follower for some Mediterranean food inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you through UBP! All of your recipes look amazing! I can't wait to spend more time here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi new follower from MBC. Genoa Pasta Al Pesto looks yummy. I hope you return the follow.
    http://myproductreviewsandsamples.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete